4.10.11

Painting on silk

 Painting on silk
One day I asked my husband to take some photos of me working - the result this little photo story.
This is my little studio. In fact it is place on my kitchen oak table.


 
My modest silk dyes collection. I have main colors that I mix in various ways - if I need something special. 
Almost all colors on my silk paintings are mixed, only sometimes I use pure dyes, it determines the identity of my work.


My  MUSA and the guardian of good energy in my works during all painting process.



I paint on silk which is mounted on  wooden frame, handmade by my husband Bronius.


Often I work without any real sketches - they are inside me. I just took contour and draw the lines on pure white silk. Then mold the dyes. 
Fragment of this art piece:


At the end of painting hole scarf looks like this:



When painting is over -I have to iron silk scarf for half an hour, then taking some photos for listing it on Etsy.

This scarf was sold after couple days being on my Etsy store


8 comments:

  1. I love your outstanding creations and it's sooo interesting to see the process! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura @ Cook on Strike, it is pleasure to read your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work and will hopefully manage to put them in my treasuries more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scarves!
    Thank you so much for sharing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank baahar for compliments!
    And Rita - thanks to you too. Love your works as well and wish you the best luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice story Zita, lovely cat and beautiful scarf, nort neccessarily in this order :), Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Judy! I will think about your suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely to see you in action. You have such a distinctive style. Wishing you lots of success. xx

    ReplyDelete